techtextil North America
April 24 - 26, 2012
Georgia World Congress Center
Atlanta, Georgia USA
2012 Call for Papers
The ninth edition of the highly acclaimed Techtextil
North America Symposium will be held April 24 ? 26, 2012 at the Georgia World
Congress Center in Atlanta, GA.
We are pleased to announce that in 2012, ATME-I (American Textile Machinery
Exhibition-International) will be incorporated into Techtextil North
America. Also in 2012, Texprocess Americas (formerly SPESA Expo) will
co-locate with Techtextil North America in adjacent halls providing tremendous
value for textile and sewn products industry professionals at all levels of the
textile and sewn products manufacturing and application supply chains. The
co-location means that attendees will be able to move freely between the
individual shows and benefit from the industry-leading educational and
networking seminars and special events all in the same venue.
This co-location will offer speakers a potentially new audience and exposure to
new industries. As always, the timing of the 2012 edition will be such
that participants will have ample time to walk the exhibition floor.
Multi-track sessions will feature technical and application specific
presentations relevant to the industry. Previous Techtextil North America
Symposiums have received high praise and acclaim proving once again that
Techtextil North America is THE?must attend?, most
comprehensive event for the technical textile industry.
Papers are especially solicited in the following areas, with emphasis on work
that will impact the industry in the short term as well as in the future:
1) Extreme fibers, fabrics, materials and technology for special
2) Composites ? involving high performance fibers/fabrics
3) New materials and new standards for safety and protection
4) Automotive, aerospace, transportation applications
5) Smart/intelligent coatings, nonwovens, and other materials
6) Technical nonwovens
7) Innovative materials ? what, when, and how technical textiles will impact
8) Medical ? special applications
9) Green technology involving technical textiles
10) Packaging with technical textiles
Consideration will be given preference to those papers relating to:
1) New development and technology in all fiber/fabric forms
2) Innovations in materials, processes, or manufacturing techniques
3) Developing products and applications for technical textiles
4) Technical textiles research that may impact the industry
5) Markets (existing or emerging), industry issues (trade and others), trends,
6) Relevance to practical applications and short to medium term adoption
Selection of the papers to be presented will be based on abstracts
of 300-500 words. Authors should emphasize new and significant
Abstracts must be received by August 5, 2011.
Though electronic submission (email) is preferred, the abstract may also
be sent by fax or mail.
1600 Parkwood Circle
30339 URL: www.techtextilNA.com
The abstract must include the name, company or other
affiliation, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address and mailing address
of the speaker and/or the person to whom correspondence about the abstract
should be directed. Only one speaker per
presentation will be allowed, though co-authors may be listed. The speaker for the paper should be underlined and
(the speaker only) will receive a complimentary symposium registration.Authors
will be notified of acceptance of their abstracts by September 30, 2011.
Authors of accepted papers will be required to provide
a full paper and/or presentation by April 1, 2012.
The papers/presentations will be published in the Conference Proceedings on a
USB Stick provided to all registrants. While full papers are preferred,
extensive outlines and PowerPoint presentations will be considered for
inclusion on the USB Stick (in pdf only). Authors are responsible for securing
any necessary copyright or other clearance for all abstracts, papers and other
All presentations should be planned to run approximately 20 minutes plus
10 minutes for questions.
For questions, please
contact Lorie Gross at 678-732-2433 email@example.com
- back to top -